Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Good article on the rise of the self-employed

Here is a good article on the rise of the self-employed.  I was unemployed for several months.  During that time, I attended classes in Graphic Design.  Along with that, I was able to pick-up some part time work at home, and this caused me to think about what I really wanted to do.  Here I am, working for myself, doing what I love (and can work in my slippers if I want). 

I especially like the part about the rise of the virtual office and working from home becoming the norm, "whereas a traditional office or retail space was a necessity less than a decade ago, today, thanks to the rise of virtual office services and co-working spaces, working from home or Starbucks is the new norm."

https://www.elance.com/p/blog/2012/03/the-self-employed-revolution.html

No comments:

Post a Comment