Thursday, April 4, 2013


Time Tracking for your Business with myHours.com

As a Virtual Assistant, keeping track of the time spent working for multiple clients presented a challenge, until I came across a web based program called myHours.com, that completely handles time tracking for me.

With myHours.com, there are different tracking options. You can track your work either in real-time or enter data at the end of the day.  You can even enter hours in advance if that's what you want.  myHours.com allows you to track the number of hours spent on each project and task, and define rates and generate detailed cost calculations. One of the first steps is to establish your Personal Account and set-up a user name and password. Next, you want to set-up your Projects. For my business, I chose to set-up Projects based on my individual clients, i.e. Clients A, B, C, D, etc. giving each project an individual name. Then you want to set-up your tasks.  One of my tasks I called “Miscellaneous Follow-up” that I use to assign things like following-up, emailing, and phone calls.

In addition to tracking your time, myHours.com offers a variety of reports for data analysis. Reports can be generated weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, and sorted by your Projects (Customers). Reports are print-ready or can be exported to Excel or sent by email. Charts are also included if you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment